Most of the parents have a question regarding which is a good age to travel with their child in the airplane. Of course each infant or baby is different and everyone has to completely understand the eating and sleeping schedule of your little one. Some baby’s just screams for the first 3 to 5 months and some babies just sleep with no disturbances. These two are the very important factors to make a right decision on which is the best age to travel with baby.
0 To 3 Months Babies:
When you have a baby within this age of 0 to 3 months, you have not travelled much to visit any place. After 2.5 months, some babies are ready to take travelling in any kind of vehicle especially in the plane.
If you are taking a baby within the 0 to 3 months of age for your travel, you will get two different benefits such as,
- The baby will sleep more – Usually the new born babies within 3 months sleep a lot more hours of a day.
- Baby is completely immobile – Wherever you put down your baby, he or she is just likely stay there without moving anywhere. So, you can just put a baby in the beach tent with toys or mobile and you can enjoy the trip with your life partner or ready the luxury books, drinking coffee and everything.
3 To 6 Months Babies:
If you are willing to travel with your 3 to 6 months baby, you will get some benefits including,
- Mostly immobile – Even though some babies at this age are rolling pretty well, most of the babies within 3 to 6 months are immobile and stay there where you put down. If you have such kind of child at your home, you can probably take him or her for your travel. Then only, you can definitely enjoy any kind of entertainment there.
- Bring your boobs only – If you are breastfeeding your baby, it is definitely super easy to travel at this age. As you are feeding your breast milk to your baby, you don’t need to worry about the sterilizing bottles, food contamination or washing. All you need to do is just taking your baby with you while travelling and give the frequent breastfeeding. You just have to make a preparation for putting boiled water in the bottle to give the bottle water to your baby.
If you are booking rooms in any hotel or resort, there you can rent the sterilizer to keep the infant water bottles always sterilized.
- Sleep a lot – The 3 to 6 months baby take many hours to sleep per day and many kids even sleep in night time. Some don’t have night sleep if they slept during the day. Some other kids awake during the sleep and sleep only at the night time. Based on your kid’s sleeping schedule, you can able to make arrangement for your trip.
Babies within 6 To 9 Months of age:
This is the most favorite and recommended age of the baby to take for any kind of trip. Travelling with this age group children will give you some kinds of benefits such as,
- Everything is exciting – It is clearly noticed that the children in the age group of 6 months to 9 months old are pretty active and they are doing a lot of fun things to give you more exciting and superb moments.
- High chairs are exciting – Once the babies within this age group began really crawling or walking, there is no chance to stay in the high chairs more than 5 to 10 minutes. When you are putting your baby on the chair to sit, he or she comes down again to do the different activities.
If you are taking 9 to 12 months or 12 to 18 months of babies in the plane, it is not actually the best age to travel with baby. The plane trips with these kinds of aged babies will do a lot of activities which might be disturbing your travel or trip enjoyment. When you are planning for the plane trip, it is not good for taking such kinds of children with you.
Shawn Johnson has been traveling for over 20 years. Born in America, He has been a world traveler since young. He already visited 15 countries. His next travel destination may be Grenada, Caribbean. His favorite tour has been exploring Salina Island with his friends. He became travel lovers just after college when he went to tour around Europe with his family. Shawn completed his bachelor’s of degree from the University of California and his masters of education from the University of South California. Both of the degrees are on Engineer.