Every time an individual looks at the calendar and sees a window for a holiday, their immediate reaction is to decide upon a holiday destination. Travelling has long been a part of leisure tradition. More so that being a travel blogger has become an actual profession and there has been a mass inclination towards it with a lot of people pursuing it. The journey of a traveler is often described as a beautiful one as they come across various authentic destinations or cultures that take them away from the monotonous office life and makes them forget about their problems albeit for a small time.
Advantages of Travelling
Travelling, however, has also been identified with a lot of benefits that a human being can take advantage of –
- Health Conditions – The health benefits of traveling are huge. As mentioned, it takes the person away from their hectic life thereby, acting as a cure to stress. This, in turn also reduces the probability of any heart-related health issues. Also, since most of the jobs are cubicle-based, there is no physical movement and an excursion could be a good way to unlock muscle knots in the body. For few, a trip also acts as a remedy for depression or anxiety.
Thus, traveling is likely to create a good impact on the mental aspects of the body. The doctors, too, prescribe medications to carry alongside when navigating across the globe.
- Breaking away from a monotonous life – Following up from the previous point, too much of a single dimensional life can be harmful to both an individual’s mind as well as their vicinity. The break from a life of constant struggle can be a huge help in identifying oneself and what lies inside the heart. It can also create a distance between a person and their surrounding enabling the pupil to realize the things that they miss i.e. important stuff or if they were important to their surroundings.
- Educative journey – Often, the travelers move to places with fewer resources or an alien culture. Traveling often introduces a person to words belonging to different languages. They can also self-evaluate their mental strength through environments with fewer facilities that proliferate out of the box thinking to ensure a healthy survival. A fresh skill set is bound to come to a traveler.
- Creates a sense of respect for people – Since it makes way for the people to come across new cultures and societies, it is definitely a way to understand different human psyche across the world. The trip allows the human to create perspective through their own understanding and develop the quality of tolerance thereby, imbibing a sense of respect for people from all spheres of life.
- Trying different cuisines – There are a number of dishes that people cannot come across as the local restaurant modifies the delicacy based on the taste buds of its customers. Also, the authenticity is lost in that process. Venturing into its local territory is a wonderful way to try some authentic meals of the place. Also, one can find food that they have never heard of and that might just stir some nice sensations inside them.
- Widening social interaction – Expecting to be a solo traveler is a mistake no regular traveler will make. The possibility to find fellow travelers who might be intellectually similar can help expand the social network of a being. Moreover, the relationship could be built with a local audience who can become regular hosts to one’s visit.
- Memories worth a lifetime – The best part about the entire sightseeing is process is the experience that becomes an essential memory for the entire life to cherish. No matter what happens during the entire trip, it is bound to be engrained inside the person taking the trip that will always be remembered as opposite to the pictures of daily life. And it is always important for a human to have stories that they can share with others. Traveling helps create a number of them.
The Right age to travel
Based on their age and preferences, people choose their own places of travel. Where a person beyond the age of 60 would love a subdued environment, people in their teens would enjoy a vibrant environment. However, the question that persists is whether there is a correct age to make such arrangements.
- Teenagers or early 20s – People who have completed their education or are in the phase of starting it can enjoy their vacations the most as they have no responsibility to attend to and therefore, can enjoy care-free excursions. Although short on money, their adaptability attribute will come to the forefront and they can still have a relaxed trip.
- The Late 20s to 40s – This could be the best time to make the travel arrangements, depending on the budget and with a job in hand and a sufficient pay, people within this phase of their age can afford a leisure trip or two despite some duties to address.
- Traveling after retiring – This could lead to a good time to spend on traveling as well with sufficient savings in the bank and life that has been devoid of any obligations.
Thus, with the advantages that come with traveling and no age bandwidth really coming out on the top as the best time to travel in life, one can easily pack a suitcase and leave for their favorite destinations. Travelling, conclusively, is a process that does not discriminate.
Shawn Johnson has been traveling for over 20 years. Born in America, He has been a world traveler since young. He already visited 15 countries. His next travel destination may be Grenada, Caribbean. His favorite tour has been exploring Salina Island with his friends. He became travel lovers just after college when he went to tour around Europe with his family. Shawn completed his bachelor’s of degree from the University of California and his masters of education from the University of South California. Both of the degrees are on Engineer.